Friday, September 2, 2011

Doodlebug Design team tryout









































I love this company. This company has been around for years.... I stocked them in my scrapbook store way back when and they have survived this harsh scrapbooking world. For good reason though. I adore their color scheme. The dots and grids papers are a staple in my space to use for die-cut titles, journaling, backgrounds, to stamp on and so many other ways. Their new yummy albums are fantastic too. I currently own three.... I need more.


So I couldnt resist trying out for their design team. We had to create two cards, one layout, and one home decor project or mini album. I chose the home decor piece.


The home decor piece is a birthday countdown. Its a 12x12 wood frame painted green with a 12x12 canvas sitting inside of it to give it some pop. I covered the canvas and created the balloons using the cricut. I then used wood blocks for the days and placed a piece of lightweight wood under it (with super glue of course) to hold the wood blocks up. This way there are no small pieces to lose and all the kids have to do is flip the blocks.


Hope you guys like it. Message me if you have any questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment